Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sad Day

Don't read this if you don't want to be brought down. I wasn't going to post today because it's been a very sad one. My work day was to start with two dogs coming at 8:30. The new client shows up with only one dog saying that the 15 year old dog isn't doing well. OOOOO.K. Just so happens that our family has decided to put our 15 year old beagle down today because he's not doing so god either. Everyone said good bye to him this morning before school and I was left to do the dirty deed following my work day. Well, my seven dogs are now down to six due to the no show and then the phone rings. It is the man that has the little poodle/shih-tzu that I have been grooming since it was a puppy about 15 years ago. (What is it with 15 today?????) He says he can't make his 9:00 apt. because he has been up with his "puppy" all night. She hasn't eaten in two days and has been throwing up all night. All choked up by this I time, I told him not to worry abot it. He said he'd call me later and let me know what the vet said. Well he called all right, just as I was walking out the door to take care of our crippled up old dog and that was all I could take. Bawled like a baby for the next 45 minutes. When it rains it pours. And why is it that doing something so nice for the dog has to feel so HORRIBLE for me??
Thanks for listening, I feel a little better. On an up note. I went to my quilt meeting and finished a halloween wall hanging. Finishing is good. Will try to get a picture on soon. Don't feel much like racing tonight.
Have a good night.

2 comments:

AR said...

Aww. Lil' AR told me about Snoopy. I said "I saw him yesterday", and she said your little boy told her today at school. Poor old guy. I know it's hard for all of you, but he's in a better place now. Sorry about the other dogs, too. I know you love (most) of your doggie clients!

g-girl said...

wow, when it rains, it really does pours doesn't it. well, it hurt you so much because you had to say goodbye. You had 15 good years with him and like most of us, no one likes goodbyes.