Monday, November 20, 2006

First Sock!!!!:)

OH. MY. GOSH! YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finished my first SOCK!!!! I'm sooooooooo HAPPY!!!! It fits! It's great and I love everything about it!!!!! Have already made it through half of the ribbing of the second one! I want it done as I sit here with one hand knit sock on and the other kind of sock on. Too bad my knitting will be minimal as heavy work load and Thanksgiving dinner approach. At least it's stared. The challenge will be to get them to match, as the first sock's last row turned out to be red. What are the odds??? I think it will be close. Racing off to dinner now. Keep on knitting.


P.S. Finally changed my profile picture. Guess I have finally excepted the fact that halloween is over:( One of my top favorite holidays, if you hadn't guessed. Anyway, yes that is me. I'm modeling my very first knitting project. A scarf and yes it is made out of Red Heart yarn from a hundred million years ago. But I was pretty certain that I would hate knitting and it would end up in a box somewhere. I wonder what happened? Knitting Rocks! LD took the picture, and either I'm slouching or the room is crooked--Hmmmmmm.
Have a great night!

5 comments:

AR said...

Cute pic. The room better not be crooked, especially if that's your new house!
I knew you'd be cruising on that second sock! Good job! (If you weren't such a perfectionist. hehe)

Carrie said...

Congratulations! I'm so impressed that you started the second sock already! Now I'll be waiting to see you showing your socks as you drop your kids off. HeeHee! Love them, Cindy!

Unknown said...

Great sock - keep going!!

Larjmarj said...

Nicely done! Now you're hooked!

g-girl said...

congrats on finishing your first sock (and already started work on the second one!!). it looks great! :) sounds like there'll be more socks in your future!