Monday, December 04, 2006

Feeling better:)

Thanks for the comments about snoopy. We're starting to get back to an even keel. Time seems to heal even the worst of things. Having a wonderful family and two healthy chillins helps:)
Haven't been knitting lately due to a little error that needs to see the Sock Doc, hopefully tomorrow.
Have been quilting in the studio quite a bit though. LD asked to quilt this weekend so I set her up next to my machine and she made a nine patch scrappy table center piece. Maybe one more border to sew on and then she can get her feet wet machine quilting:) Ohhhhh how exciting!!! I will be starting a round robin project in January with a small group of friends. The idea is that you make a center block and then each of the other people will put a different border on it. If there are six people your quilt will have five borders on your center and you get to keep and quilt it. A few years back I was lucky enough to do three round robins with our local quilt shop. Two of them were with Norway and one with Switzerland. Very cool to experiance quilting from over seas. We also sent journals and they wrote in ours and us in their's. The best part was that the shop had a book pulished called Friendships in Bloom and I'm in it with three borders that I did. VERY COOL! That brings me to what I was going to say in the first place. I have been working on a mariner's compass block that I tought I would use for my center and whoops, it is 14 inches instead of 12. BUMMER. Now I either have to make another one or change to a differnet block. I have started two sunflower blocks, may use one of those.
I will have to post some pics soon if the camera will decide to work. It's partially broke and now seems to have a mind of it's own:( Need a new one anyway but just can't afford it with the down hill slide to Christmas bearing down. This is a pic of a house block I worked on for a quilt that our quilt group did for our church bazaar. It was a fun block to do.



Keep up the great work blogging. I'm guilty of reading them and not blogging myself- shame on me. I will try to do better. Off and racing:)

2 comments:

AR said...

LD?

Well, call me (The Sock Doc) tomorrow when you get a chance!! Hopefully, I'll be able to run over and get you back on track!

Pretty quilt block, but then, I've seen your work in real life, and I know how nice your sewing is.

Carrie said...

I recall that block! It's very pretty, and I hope whoever has it really appreciates it. It's quite springlike. I'm glad you're feeling better!