Saturday, December 09, 2006

Week in Review

Wow, it's been a busy week. I find this always seem to happen in December. Let's start with last Saturday. I was scheduled for a hair apt. and my daughter said she wanted a haircut. So I called and they said they could fit her in while they do my hair.This is her before she went pictured here with her brother visiting with Santa.

Now this is after the long awaited haircut.

You really have to give her credit as she donated about eleven inches of her hair to Locks for Love. This is the second time she has done this in her ten years of life. She has such a big HEART:) (purple puddles) Makes me soooo proud.
Had I mentiond that my camera was on the fritz? Well it would open but not shut until the battery died. So taking pictures was not very fun unless it was an emergency. So a new camera is out of the question until after Christmas because the credit card is still melted and warpped for the last shopping adventure. So I was examining it and decided it can't get too much worse so I figured out I could shut it if I stuck the toothpick in there and poked around a bit. The camrea didn't seem real fond of this idea but it subcummed and we took some pictures. So this morning I decided to take some more pictures and upon opening it, it decided to puke up a little piece of plastic. Something that resembled a piece of a gear. Probably goes with the other half that it puked up over Thanksgiving. Anyway, it is working fine now. Have to love that higher power. We will have Christmas pictures after all :)
So I did finish that Halloween wall hanging. Here's a picture.

Also, I was to host our little quilt group here last Tuesday and one of the ladies mentioned doing a sunflower quilt. Well I have a pattern I have been wanting to due, atleast one block of it. So needless to say it lit a fire under me and most of last weekend I jammed on it and actually made two :)

Now the problem of which border to choose, how to quilt it, get a rod pocket on it, get it bound and wrapped for my other quilt group that is having it's Christmas party Monday night!!!!!! Also ended up getting some doughnut holes, cider, setting up and getting ready and thank you northern michigan for SNOWING!!!!! :( Then only one lady showed. We had a nice chat and discussed quilting patterns for a quilt she's on a deadline with. All in all it was fun. Hmmmmmm, and here I sit.
Well, if you've been keeping up, you know that's not enough for a marathon. So I also said I would help with coffee fellowship tomorrow at church. Still have to get fruit and dip. The kids and I decided to bake cookies the last two nights. We made homemade chocolate chip cookies, chrismas cookies (some still need frosting)- and yes there are two pumpkin cookies and one Jack Skelington cookie as he is my daughter's favorite hero right now, spumoni cookies and church windows.


The only little problem I had was in turning off my double oven. Forgot to take the chocolate chip cookies out of the bottom oven. OOPS. They're still edible but very crunchy. My husband calls them dunkers for his milk. He's so wonderful.
Well a little blurb about my job during the holiday season. Scince I only see my clients about every six weeks the
Christmas gifts have been starting to come in. Yesterday was a little unusual, but I happen to like that. Started out with extra cash - it's the best, then some sinfully delicious chocolate truffled from Seattle WA. OH, SO YUMMY. Toffe, blackberry, expresso, and mint. Also a set of Sebastian Professional Laminates Dazzling Shine shampoo and cream rinse. (for me, not the dogs:) Then, if you can believe it, a whole spiral sliced HONEY HAM!!!!!!! Wow, is our family going to LOVE that!!!! I love my job. Have to jump out of my P.J.'s now and begin the race. Want to make walnut and or pecan balls today and maybe wreaths too. I sooo put too much on myself sometimes but it keeps life interesting. Have a great weekend. Off and racing:)

5 comments:

g-girl said...

wow! your daughter has such a great heart. I love that she donated her hair to locks of love! :) The Halloween looks great (of course) and the cookies look delicious! My oatmeal chocolate chips came out crunchy too. :( Oh well, as if they're not going to get eaten! I was going to ask you about the spumoni cookies because I had never heard of them before! Now I'm getting hungry for cookies and I haven't even had breakfast yet!

AR said...

Her hair looks very cute!

Is that the sunflower you were just starting the other day? Wow, fast!

AR said...

Her hair looks very cute!

Is that the sunflower you were just starting the other day? Wow, fast!

Carrie said...

YAY! You didn't forget about coffee fellowship! I haven't had a chance to call you (running my own marathon over here), but I'm coming to church with cheese and crackers! See you there.

AR said...

Tag, you're it. Come over to my blog tomorrow for the details! hehe