Saturday, February 28, 2009

Excitement in my Life

Hey everyone,
I have been meaning to post but things keep coming up! Were to start... I guess valentines day. I received an email from Annie Smith asking me to be a pattern tester for her! How cool! i hope it pans out because it sounds like fun :) Also have been getting a lot of sewing time to myself. (Work is a little slower in the winter) I have been working on my Non Civil Stars quilt. I decided to use one of the fabrics in it to do the border but could only find the other two color ways online as this fabric collection has been out more the=an a year. Well, low and behold! I did find a site that had it the very next day! They had all three, in fact. And all on SALE!!!!!!!! So, yeah, I bought all three! LOL All they had left in two of them was 1 and 3/4 yards, so I cleaned them out!
Here is my flag I quilted on Georgia. It was my second project on my frame. I figured if I waited to bind it, you might never see it. LOL I did stars and swirls on it. A little tighter then I would have liked but I'm pleased with it considering it's one of my first :)



My daughter is in T.C. this a.m. with the robotics team from her school. They were in competition all day yesterday and for it being their second year as a school they did o.k. I'm going up for the seeding n=matches this a.m. incase they don't make the alliance cut for the finals. Anyway she is only 13 and in seventh grade. Robotics was supposed to be for 9th grade and up but she's in it. The principle is an the team, too. so if there was a problem he would make it right.
She also came home from school the other day telling me she talked to this guy about a summer art camp. Come to find out it is a camp for gifted kids!! Who sent her there!!!! Just kidding. She is very good at her drawing and eats , sleeps, and dreams about it :) Anyway, come to find out that it costs $1025.00 for two weeks!!!!!!! Yes, I almost died! So I call this camp yesterday and talk to someone about a possible scholarship and they tell me she already interviewed for one the other day and we would be getting a letter in the mail letting us know if she got one!!! That's peach and all but even if she get the high end scholarship we will still owe $700.00! And my mom says we just have to send her!!!!!!! This would be great for her as I found out that it is 5 and 1/2 hours of art instruction with actual teachers everyday. They wear uniforms and everything! They also get to choose a minor which they get an hour a day to work on as well. Along with swimming, sports, games, campfires, singing etc. So this client of mine brings her dogs in yesterday and I'm telling her all you just read and she says she has a friend who has just finished writing a book and about young teen girls and will check with her if she would be interested in having my daughter draw the pictures for her book!!!! OMG I'm not going to get my hopes up, we'll probably never hear from this lady but WOW!!! Could you imagine if my daughter were to be published at thirteen!!! Cool!
Well, I'm off and running to get ready for this LONG day in T.C. with a bunch of robots!!! :) Have a great day!!
Cindy

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Your daughter sounds like she is in for some exciting stuff! robots and art, how good does it get!!!! I wish her luck with it all!

How exciting for you to be asked to test a pattern! Didn't you do that once before! I remember you doing a quilt that was displayed on a quilt show!

I love your flag! Where did you get the pattern? Hunter would love that! He is only 6 but he is so patriotic! That would look so cute hanging in his room!
Kristie

AR said...

Nice flag!

I was thinking, our robotics team needs a flag to wave, like some of the other teams were before the matches. Know a person who loves to sew?? hehe