Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back to the Grind

Well, it's over for another year. Kids are in school again and I'm back to work. Five dogs today. Had a little yorkie that everybody was making over, he is a really cute dog. A bichon, a sheltie, a cairn terrier and a portugese water dog (Oscar, he was my favorite today). Nice light day for jumping back in.
Have been working on my sock. G-girl gave me advice that it is just a sock. Sooooo, I will finish it with the mistake in it and chalk it up to my fisrt pair. There will be others, right??? My feet won't care and I will still love them. But advice to other first time sock knitters. If a non matching pair of socks will bother you, don't start out with self stripping yarn:)
Have been doing quite a bit of quilting lately. That's where the UFO thing would come in handy for me. Almost have a crib sized wall hanging done that I started about three days ago. It is to be a thank you. A little incentive to get er done quick.
Hope everyone has a happy new year:) Off and racing!

3 comments:

g-girl said...

I'm glad you're taking my advice and easing up a bit on yourself. It is your first of many socks to come so chalk it up to a learning experience. my first pair of socks was out of self striping yarn (as was my second pair) and I didn't realize until I started working on the second sock of the first pair that they weren't going to be matching. Both pairs are super thick so I wouldn't be wearing them out in public anyway so it doesn't matter.

Carrie said...

Ooo a wallhanging! Who is so lucky, and who's been so nice that they deserve a quilt? =) Post a pic!

AR said...

Your sock will be great! Even with a little mistake. I know, because your first one is as close to perfect as you can get. :)