Friday, November 07, 2008

Wildlife around Here

Been away a while again :0( Sorry! I feel guilty as I'll lurk your blogs and check on you then not blog myself. The halloween dance was fun. Being a chaperone was a little different. When you're only 5 foot 3 1/2 and have to tell kids that are taller than you to settle down, it feels a little awkward! All in all it was a fun time had by all! Halloween was different as we went trick or treating about 6:00. Then dropped the kids off at a halloween party, came home changed out of costume and my hubby and I went to the last quarter of our high school football game. They won!!!! It was the first game in the play - offs and they beat the team that was their only loss in the regular season!!! We are going tonight to the second play off game. We are sooooooo lucky they are home games. Sorry, I wouldn't go otherwise :0) Fair weather fan :)
The Monday after that dance (I must have over done it a bit :( ) I ended up in the hospital for nine hours for possible appendicitis!!! They even had me ride in the ambulance (no lights or sirens) to the bigger hospital where there would be a surgeon waiting for me! After further observation and a CT scan (I highly recommend you NOT have one of these - the stuff you drink is soooooooo NASTY and causes a colonoscopy clean out!!!!! YYYYEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!) Anyway, it wasn't appendicitis! YEAH! I have a 6mm KIDNEY STONE!!!!!!! OMG Well, I'm trying really hard to dissolve this thing with a very acidic diet and lots of coke a cola! They put me on prostrate meds, of all things, to hopefully help me pass it. However, they only give me a 30% chance of doing so :0( Then it will be an x-ray to see if it has moved then some type of removal:(
On to better things. These are the cows whom have enjoyed life next door all summer and I now believe they have become veal :0( I will miss them. It would be easier if we were to get some steak out of the deal.

This is a little hog nose snake we found in the garage. Very, very young. I would love to have one but they say they need to hibernate and you have to make sure of certain temperatures and what not.

These are cedar waxwing fledglings that blew out of a bush in our front yard. We put an upside down laundry basket over them to detour cats. They did make it! Flew away a few days later :0)
I have been doing some decent sewing. Christmas presents no less. Man, it's scary how fast that is coming up!!!! Good luck getting all that done. Keep on quilting. Off and running :0)
Cindy

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Love all of the animals!!!! Glad you are back! So what have you been working on lately?
Kristie

Gina said...

Love the pics. Those cows are so cute. I love cows.
Nice to see you back amongst us. Even for a short time.

Love and hugs Gina xxx