Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Kidney Stone Update

YIPEE!!!!!! OMG! I was in Monday to see the urologist so they could set up surgery for my kidney stone. They did an x-ray and another CT scan just to make sure it hadn't moved and to be able to see where they needed to remove it from and IT'S GONE!!!! I am sooooooooo happy I cried tears of joy! All they could tell me was that maybe it was all the Coke a cola classic I drank. I was over dosing on it because I read on line that you can de-solve a kidney stone by drinking a LOT of cokes (like, four in one hour and don't urinate until you have drank them all and an hour has passed. Hey, whatever the case it's gone, no surgery and I'm the happiest girl around!!!! still have a few symptoms due to the swelling of my kidney do to the blockage but that should be gone in a week or two.
I almost have all the borders on the Tee-shirt quilt and have a leaf wall hanging I have to get quilted A.S.A.P. Hope to post some pictures soon. Just wanted to post the GREAT NEWS! :0) Off and running...

2 comments:

Gina said...

I'm so glad that it's gone. My dad suffers withthem so I know that they are horrible. I didn't know abou the Diet Coke thing, I'll have to tell him.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

sewnut said...

Well, another Kidney stone sister.

I amy try the Coke thing if the curretn stone starts causing me grief.

I had my first bout with kidney stones in 1979. I was in such pain, 6 weeks after I gave birth to DD#1, I told the cab driver that givign birth was easy and now I was going to die in the back of his cab if he did not get me to the doctor as fast as possible. It scared him, he drove across town using back alleys and parking lots.

I survived. But the recurrent stones, crystals and what have you are not fun.

Take care and keep that kideny flushed.