Friday, August 01, 2008

I won!

O.K. I should be tied and quartered. Rotten busy summer!!!! I live in a resort type town and my beach time comes in January :0( Anyway, sorry I haven't posted in soooooo long. Have been lurking here and there but either too tired or too pressed for time to comment. I posted awhile back about a block contest I entered and I actually won something!!!! There were about 135 blocks that were entered. They had to be an original design and 12 1/2 inches. Mine took second place!!!!!!! Missing first place by only two votes!!!!! The best part of winning second place was that the prize was a 17 inch rotating olfa rotary matt!!!!!! YIPEE!!!!!! First place was a two hundred dollar quilters basket. Well, like a lot of you, I'm sure, I probably already had over half the stuff in that basket anyway! Almost didn't make it in the contest though, due to my carpal tunnel surgery. That's an other post... yes, you can piece with only one hand :)
Off and running to my quilt room as I'm making a couple of pot-holders for the Cancer relay on the 10th :0) Have a great night everyone!!!!
Cindy

2 comments:

AR said...

Congrats, Cindy!

Kristie said...

Way to go!!!! You are so talented!
Kristie