Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tee-Shirt Quilt Done

Hello to everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and all your quilty dreams came true :) Also, Happy New Year!!! My resolutions are: to finish a WIP (or UFO) a month. I know there is a contest for this but there is like 120 people in it and that just boggles my mind! I hope they all do well :) My next resolution is to blog more but, sad to say, don't hold your breath. I have thought about putting this on here since before New Years and I haven't even been able to blog!!! Did try once though and blogger was being a poo, so that turned me of :( Of course we have to have the weight loss one too :( The only thing about the holidays - all the food temptaions!!!! My will power was just absolutly gone. Oh well, I know, quit whinning and do something about it!!!
Anyway, here is a couple of pictures of the Tee-Shirt quilt I did for a lady, she just loved it! It will be a while before I take on more commission work as I forced myself to do a list if UFOs and I have close to 30!!!!!!! So, I must confess, instead of blogging, I have been quilting. So, when I give the lady the quilt she says, "I have all my husband rock concert shirts too, if you want to do another one." YIKES!!!!! She did say it didn't have to be right away.

A little non quilty stuff. I celebrated with my parents at their house over New Years and They live in South East Michigan. NOw, mind you , I grew up there and lived there for 25 years! Well, while we where down there, my family and I went to the Edsel Ford Mansion in Grosse Point. I'm still in awe!!!!! If you are ever in the area I highly recommend this to you all!!! The history about them is very interesting. I was impressed as this was back in the 1920's when this mansion was built. Sixty rooms by the way. A gate keepers house with the garage the had its own turn table so that about twenty cars could be stored in there and a play house the is 3/4 scale to a real house that is fully operational. Furnace with thermostat, fire place refrigerator and a stove!!! I felt like a giant in there! It was a very strange feeling. I'm soooo glad we went. We plan to go again in the spring/ summer. As I here the gardens on the grounds are breath taking :)
The kids had friends spend the night and as I do not have a butler and a maid or the live in nanny :( I'm off and running to start breakfast and get them moving!!! Have a great day!!!

4 comments:

Toni said...

That quilt came our great. I will have to check out that museum next time we are down there. We drive right past when we are out going to estate sales. Stay warm. Toni

Gina said...

Love how the quilt has turned out

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Kristie said...

Sounds like you had a great visit with your family!

Love the quilt! I have never made a T-shirt quilt! I have been saving some of Andrew's shirts to make him one

Hi5 said...

Thanks for sharing the teaching of God Almighty. Be sure to publish and disseminate his word