Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Table Runner Tutorial and Another Contest???

Well, I would like to thank everyone who voted for my mom's quilted jacket and purse. I must confess, after seeing the beautiful competition, I just could not vote for myself!!!! I really LOVE the Asian Jacket!! Hey, what can I say, I have a soft spot for blue herons! So, there is another contest this weekend and the subject is applique. I finally have the binding on the Signs of Peace Quilt so I thought I would use it for my entry :)
If you would care to vote, all you need to do is click on the link on the right for the Quilting Gallery and go to Quilter's Fun. That will take you to the page with all the entries. Voting is open Fri. - Sun. Have fun and enjoy!

This is a table runner that I did for my sister-in-law for her B-day. It is from a free pattern that I picked up from my LQS.


Very easy to make and I believe there are a few variations but all you nee is:
1/2 yard for the back and border
1/3 yard for center
about 3/4 yard of fusible interfacing or enough to fuse both pieces of fabric.

Press both pieces, fold in half (for easier evening) and even edges. If you lay the smaller piece on the larger piece you can easily trim your selvages off all at once and both pieces should then be even.

With right side together sew both long edges, making a tube. Turn right side out. Press so that your center fabric is center. Then trim the ends so that they are even. Take one end and fold so that the center fabric is on the outside and stitch all the way across with a 1/4 inch seam. When you unfold this it will make the nice triangle shape on the end.

Repeat with other end.

I tacked down the flaps with buttons but you could get creative, maybe use a decorative stitch all the way across or maybe just use some glue :) Have fun with it.

I made one with less fabric because it was all I had and it turned out cute as a mini :)

Hope my directions make sense :)

Have a great night!!! Off and running.....

2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your signs of peace quilt. Looks like a lot of applique. Was it reverse applique? It is beautiful! Hope you win!

พริตตี้เกาหลี said...

ขาวสวย,หมวยอึม,นมใหญ่,โชว์หอย,หอยเนียน