Sunday, February 10, 2008

Auction Quilt and Place-matt

Well it's a snowy blowy day here! Wind just a whippin'! Had a great day yesterday, was kidnapped by my sewing studio and was able to start a thank you table runner a friend of mine and I are doing for some relatives of mine in Paduka, Kentucky. We are going to the show this year and they are going to let us stay with them. I;m so excited! I haven't been there in five years. We are planning on making quilted jackets to wear but we'll see, time wise :0) The hubby and kids took our four year old niece sledding, i didn't go because I had already ice skated earlier in the day and winter sports and i don't really get along. Nor do I get along with steep hills :0) I stayed home to get dinner ready and when the in-laws came to get the niece they ended up staying for dinner. O.K. I had made enough oven potatoes and my son wanted mac and cheese and I had six thin pork chops and seven people. No problem, until I opened the chops that had to be cooked in twelve minutes and they were BAD! The expiration date on it was for today! So I had to run to the store and replace them. Man, second time in six weeks In have had a meat issue with that store. The next grocery is seven miles one way! The manager was really nice about it. Replaced the chops with better thick chops for the same price and even said she'd come and ck them for me if she could leave work :0) Small towns ,eveyone knows everyone and she even goes to my church. Anyway, the chops were great and a good time had by all.
This is the auction wall hanging. It measures 33 inches by 38 inches. Thought I'd do a simple quilting pattern on it and I like how it made circles around the butterfly blocks and kind of a cathedral window design in the toad in the hole blocks.
Then this is the fist place-matt I have made for meals on wheels. The second one may not be heavily quilted or pieced. Again, it's that time issue ;0)
We may just stay tucked in here today where it's warm. Hope you get a lot of quilting done. I'm going to try before it's back off to work tomorrow:0)
Cindy

5 comments:

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Your quilting is great for doing it on a machine. My just looks messy and jerky!

Kristie said...

I just love seeing your work! It is always so beautiful. I think it is great that you do that much charity quilting.

I would love to go to the show in Paducah. I live in Kentucky and have never been. I live completely on the other side of the state, but still it would be only a few hours drive.
Kristie

Jen said...

I really like that quilt. I have some teal orientals that would look perfect set that way. Ohhh maybe with black in between!!

Jen said...

You sneaky little devil you!!! Sending that wall hanging to Kristie!! =)

It looks fabulous!! I know she's just tickled pink.

Don't forget about us, I really want you to join our blog ring and group. I don't think you joined yet. =(

w said...

Barneys department store visitors recently received an e-mail to inform them crazy designers began to advance. The original price of 1195 USD Christian Louboutin suede boots to reduce prices to 720 $ 1,250 price dollarov.Pervonachalnaya MarcJacobs handbag price to 629 dollars. Taking into account the handbags and shoes retail luxury always been Oakley Julietthe most reliable cash cow, this situation clearly shows at Barneys really scary stupid.