Thursday, May 01, 2008

Back from Paducah

Well, we had a great time in Paducah. I had hand surgery Tuesday so can't type too much. We met Ricky Timms and he signed the picture of my traveling stars quilt. It aired on Monday. It was neat to see it hanging on the show! Anyway, also met and got an autograph from the best in show winner, Ted Storm. What a cool lady from the Netherlands. She quilted her quilt by hand and did fourteen stitches to the inch!!!!!! She's turning down the 20,000 prize money though so the quilt can be a handed down heirloom. It was designed from a bridle hanky that started in their family in 1829!!!!! Diane gaudinski was there and she won the Gammil prize and I met her and we chatted. She is very nice. She also signed my AQS book! Had to go by Bryer Patch studio and meet Caryl Bryer Fallert. She signed my AQS book and we had our picture taken with her by her New Dawn pheonix quilt!!!!! My favorite quilt ever!!!!!!!!! Soooooo Cooooool!!!!!!! She's a really nice lady too.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

How exciting and fun it must have been!!! Here I live in KY but I have never been. I swear every year that I am going but it never works out that way. But I also live completely on the other side of the state and I complain about the trip and here you guys come from far off states and other countries!

I hope your wrists are better! Do you have carpal tunnel?? I can't imagine not being able to use my hands much!
Kristie

Carole said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! I am making plans for Paducah next year! I really cannot wait! Thank you for sharing! Keep well!